IN CONGRESS, IN PUBLIC POLICY,& FOR FORTUNE 50 COMPANIES
Smart policy, positioning, and timing affect public opinion and the confidence of key constituencies in local, national, and global policymaking on behalf of business, public, and political interests. Strategy, relationships, media relations, event management, research, publications, collaboration, issue selection, writing, experience, and pure guts are all resources relied upon for successful execution.
I worked for a global issues management firm, on behalf of a United States Senator, and in 3 think-tanks. Experience:
- Reported directly to an outstanding senior leader with experience in trade and international affairs for the White House and Office of the US Trade Representative. Contributed to Fortune 50 coalition-building and strategy sessions.
- Reported directly to the Press Secretary in the office of then-Senator and Finance Committee Chairman, Max Baucus.
- Contributed research to and edited books and policy papers published by The Brookings Institution, New America Foundation, and the Observer Research Foundation.
- Successfully wrote and published editorials in The Times of India and The Economic Times that were the “Most Read” articles for over a 105 day period (receiving tens of millions of website visitors in the process).
- Contributed to events and outreach managed by the National Free Trade Council and Global Innovation Forum.
- Joined a coalition of political consultants to move the needle at the last minute in the 2010 election of then-Senator Harry Reid. (Expected to lose, but we won!) Trained cold-callers, staffed a rally event featuring the First Lady, bussed inner-city community members to the polls, and supported leadership directly in the local campaign headquarters